Monday, January 26, 2009

Greypa update....

Hello blog readers :) I haven't had much to update lately. Ok, that hasn't changed now but I felt I should check in. Dad's settled in at home. He's become slightly more high maintenance than he was in the hospital, which is to be expected. His taste seems to be off, so it's been challenging finding foods that is really interested in. Getting him to keep a steady calorie intake is also a challenge. The Ensure shakes between meals fill him to the point of pushing his meals back. It's a work in progress.

Dad was scheduled to go back to MD this week for 3 days of appointments. He met with his local primary care physician last week and got a referral to a surgeon in NYC (at Lenox Hill) for this Thursday. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this doctor will take him on as a patient so all his care can be transferred to NY. Schlepping back to Baltimore would take too much of a toll on him and we're hoping to avoid it at all costs.

Medically, he's healing well. He's had a lot of challenges with the VAC and his colostomy. The primary visiting nurse, Rosaria, is great and very helpful. I think a new VAC was dropped off tonight, so hopefully that will reduce some of the difficulties he's been having.

Mom, Bob, Siobhan and I are leaving this Friday for a long weekend in Disney. Jonathan and Renee are scheduled to come stay with Dad and Rosaria is slated to come Friday and Monday. We're hoping things are running even more smoothly by then!

I'll update after his appointment Thursday.

Monica

0 comments: