Friday, December 19, 2008

friday (12/19) early afternoon

Happy Friday everyone! Happy snow to many of us! I just shoveled our house & next door (1st pass of the day) and I think it may be as good as yoga for stress relief!

Dad had an awful night. He was completely confused, agitated and "wild." He was fighting with everyone and making little to no sense. Mom stayed at the hospital overnight because he was completely out of it.

This morning, they bathed him and changed his dressings and mom said it was like a light came on in his head and there he was, lucid and coherent. Oy vey- this is a serious roller coaster! He remembers being confused- I find that very interesting and want to talk to him about it. I think this is how he felt when I was explaining everything in my head when the plane crashed- he was so interested in what my mind was doing and how it worked. I get where he was coming from.

He's in for his collection draining now. They do it under ultrasound and x-ray. He'll likely have yet another tube put in for a few days to keep things draining. The doctors and nurses all say that none of this is unexpected and as long as we see forward progress, the bumps in the road don't mean too much. I hope that's the case.

Today was my day to react to the stress. I locked myself out of the house (honestly, I had been waiting to do that- it was inevitable), went to Target and left my pocketbook in the car, etc. I ran a bunch of errands and hit Starbucks and things seem to be lining back up :) As long as I remember to go pick Siobhan up from school, i'm OK.

On a Kalfur family note, yesterday was Bob's birthday! That one month period where I am technically 2 years older than him is now over :) Siobhan and I got him a balloon, made him a paper chain decoration and hid behind a chair when he got home to yell surprise. All good stuff. The best stuff of all were the cupcakes..... for our foodies out there:






These are from the worlds greatest cupcake book: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Cookies & cream- oreos everywhere!

I'll go get ready to pick up Siobhan......

Monica

2 comments:

marty said...

This is so crazy with your dad. A lesson to all of us - stay up on your health, it is most important. Regarding the cupcakes - they are truly delicious!! Monica and bob how much I LOVE cupcakes !! Thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!!!!!!! We should have wished you happy birthday when we saw you, so sorry!!!!!
It was good we did not inter-act much, Ben woke up in the middle of the night and....well, started a 2.5 day volley of yucky illness....I THINK we are over it now...As long as we are healthy for Christmas.
Renee