Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday afternoon....

Hi everyone! Dad seems to be continuing his upward swing (knock wood, throw salt over your shoulder, etc etc etc). Speech was coming back to see him today to try him on more foods (exciting stuff like jello and applesauce) to determine how safely he will swallow once they start allowing more by mouth.

He's complaining about his bony butt when he sits. He's lost so much weight that he can feel his bones. I need to look for a cushion for him. Hopefully, he can be moved out of the ICU by tomorrow. They're looking to put a new PIC line in for long term antibiotics.

Our plan right now is to try to do it all. Have Christmas here, go to Uncle Timmy and Barbara's and then to MD. Crazy, right? Pray that the traffic fairies are good to us! We'll come back Friday in time to go see Aunt Kay & Uncle Jeeemy & Katie. Then Sunday, we have the Kalfurs coming. Um, I'm going to need a long long nap.

So not much else is new. I'll update tonight if anything changes.

Monica

0 comments: