I spoke with Dad earlier. He sounds pretty good! He needed another unit of blood- that should've happened sometime today. But his energy and spirits were up. He was up in a chair for a short while yesterday, and today he had already gotten up and walking when I talked to him. That was planned to happen a few times throughout the day.
He's already got the NG tube out and if walking proves successful, he'll get the catheter out. Then there are 3 drains. I know Dad kept track of all the tubes on his last visit & marked his progress by the decline of tubing. So at this point, he's got an IV, 3 drains and a catheter. Hopefully that number will be reduced by tomorrow.
We'll head into NYC tomorrow to visit him before seeing Ben for his 2nd birthday party :) We aren't sure if Siobhan can (or should) visit him. We'll play that by ear. If she's allowed, we'll see what Dad says. I know Siobhan is fine either way (and Dad prefers as few visitors as possible!)
If all goes well, he could be home later in the week. Hard to say at this point- Mom said they're not discussing it yet. But the original plan was a week to 10 days of hospitalization. Amazingly, it's twice as long as his open heart surgery!
I hope everyone has a great 4th of July! We're less than a month from our NC trip!!!!
Monica
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment