Hmmmm, it seems that I didn't update yesterday. That's a sure sign that things are going well- nothing new to report! Mom said it's quiet there on the weekends, so there isn't much new happening. However, all the retention sutures are out. This doesn't mean the wound is healed but that he's going to get a device called a VAC (vacuum assist closure, which if I googled correctly, was developed at Wake Forest!) tomorrow to start the long process of closing the wound.
He went on 3 walks today, adding a 3rd lap of the unit to each walk. He's getting stronger and can now get himself up without assistance. He's still using the walker, but Mom said they'll likely take it from him tomorrow.
Somehow, I missed that he was upgraded to a soft food diet last week! He's eating stew, pot roast, spaghetti and meat sauce (lots of meat!). He's also still eating ensure pudding and benefiber as well as tube feeding at night. All that food is leaving him quite full- skinny, but full.
He's still on the lasix, so most of the swelling has gone down. His torso is still swollen but he's much less puffy overall.
So, that's the latest on Dad! I meant to put up more pictures from our Hairspray adventures, but I'm on the laptop so that will have to wait. Siobhan goes back to school tomorrow, we go back to a regular work schedule. It's been nice to veg a bit for the past 2 weeks, but getting back into a routine will probably feel pretty good too.
After Mom got her phone bill, we've decided to keep our phone calls to night time- she's got way more of those minutes! So, unless anything major happens during the day, I'll update the blog sometime at night.
Monica
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment