So, they're still in Baltimore. The insurance company screwed something up. After waiting ALL day for GHI to approve visiting nurse services, they claimed they never got a request. Mom was at the end of her rope & asked me to call. I was lucky enough to get the nasties, most impatient guy at GHI who was no help. He was quite snippy too. When I called him on it, he got positively nasty. I asked for his name and supervisor, and he HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!! Seriously, what the heck?! Yes, I called back and filed a complaint!
So, after all that, no one at GHI even looked at Dad's info until late afternoon. Poor Mom was SO frustrated by this point. It's too long of a drive for her to feel comfortable making at night. So we went on our new favorite site, Hotwire, and got her a hotel room in the inner harbor. Last I spoke with her, she had had a nice dinner and was enjoying the view and her gorgeous luxury room. She plans to be at the hospital by 9 am and start the discharge process over again. Withany luck, they'll be home in the early afternoon.
At least we can hope for no traffic!
Monica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment