Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday afternoon update

He's had a very very busy day. Mom said they worked on him all day. He's got a lot of tubes out, now only 1 (A-line to draw blood) on his left side. Everything else is on the right. He's able to talk- his voice is weak and hoarse but it's there.

He had a renal consult (not Michelle) and they said that he looks like he's on an upswing and any problems with the kidneys at this point is from the stress/assault on the system and should resolve on their own. No intervention is needed.

He's developed cellulitis, which is an additional complication. Again, the doctors say it's not unexpected. I'm not sure what would be unexpected at this point, but as long as he's on the right track. He's already on all the antibiotics they would use to treat the cellulitis, so he's going to keep on keeping on.

Did I already report that the NG tube is out? That was one of his big goals when I saw him this weekend, so I'm sure he's pretty happy about that.

So, a busy day. He's exhausted and was napping when I talked to Mom around 4:30. All that recovering is hard work! Let's hope for not too many more days in the ICU!

0 comments: