Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I visited Dad today. He's feeling marginally better, which means he still feels awful. The master plan, if all the planets align, is for him to be transferred to North Shore Hospital as early as tomorrow. It's possible he'll be discharged tomorrow (which is crazy) and if he can't get a direct transfer, he'll likely go straight to North Shore's ER rather than try to tough it out at home. Please direct lots of those prayers and positive thoughts to the possibility of a transfer :)
His spirits are pretty good. His voice is weak, but he had the NG tube in for a few days, so that's to be expected. He's also lost 15 lbs since October, so he will probably be strutting his stuff at Wrightsville Beach next August (eek!, SO kidding).
We're having a quiet(ish) Thanksgiving at home. Jonathan, Renee and Ben are coming sometime soon. Siobhan is "reading" in her room- although on a cool side note, she's really starting to read a bunch of words, so she may be READING sooner rather than later :) Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers!
Bob, Siobhan and I are heading to Disney World on Saturday morning. I'll do my best to update the blog from there as I know more info.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
love, Monica
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment